expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Saturday, July 2, 2016

My Top 10 Books: #7

My Top Ten Books is a series of short book reviews. I will post every two days. Also, I am very sorry for not posting since last Sunday. I was on vacation and didn't have enough reviews written for the entirety of it.

The next book on my list is written by Virginia Sorensen. Plain Girl.

This book is based in an Amish house that has been split apart. Esther, the main character, her brother Dan has run away and was shunned by his family. “We shall never speak his name again” said Esther's father the night Dan went away.

Esther has been schooled at home her entire life but now she has to go to public school or Her father will go to jail. So Esther will have to go to school for the first time on Monday. Her father has always been leery about taking her to school because that was part of the reason Dan had gone away. But now he had no choice. He told Esther to never even look at the other kids. But after a few days she had already begun to talk with another girl named Mary. And after about a month Esther even became her friend. But would Father find out? And if he did what would happen!?

This book dives into the Amish culture and what happens in an Amish household. And I would most definitely recommend this book to Fiction lovers. It is definitely one of my favorite books. So maybe you will like it as much as I did.


If you would like to purchase the book here is the link,https://www.amazon.com/Plain-Girl-Virginia-Sorensen/dp/0152047255

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers