expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Wednesday, February 17, 2016

The Mysteries of Bobby Tremain

A normal Colonial kid on the outside but a Detective on the inside

Story 1

The Indians were in full attack mode, muskets firing in all directions. My father and I were the only ones in our family who had a musket and we were trying to hold the Indians back as best we could. The rest of our family was in the wagon praying to God that He would help us through this. Just then I remembered that we had a whole keg of gun powder and if we set fire to that thing it would scatter the Indians in an instant. I asked my father about it and he felt it was a God send. So I left my father with the Indians and quickly gathered all the the items I would need to make the powder explode. I was back in a couple of minutes and set fire to the powder and hurled the keg as far as I could. Seconds later, just as I had predicted, it exploded into a million pieces and scattered the Indians almost immediately. That day we praised God for delivering us from those horrid Indians and in the morning we were back on our way to Boston.

I don't think I properly introduced myself, my name is Bobby Tremain and I have four sisters, Eliza, Sarah, Elsie, and my older sister Joan. We used to live on the frontier of the Ohio River Valley area but too many Indians drove us back to where I was born, Boston.

I'm 15 and still looking for some type of job. You wouldn't think that it would be that hard to find a job here, after all there are dozens of different jobs. From a Barber to a Blacksmith but I just can't find one. I think that being a Tanner would be a really good job for me to have. The Tanners work with leather and leather is SUPER important here in the American Colonies. Tanners make things from saddles to clothes and even buckets! So being a Tanner might be a really high paying and practical job.

Our house is just a normal saltbox house but I think it's the best on the block. Except for maybe Jimmy's house, which is made out of stone, God help me not to be jealous. What's a saltbox house you ask? Well it is definitely one of the most common types of houses here in the Colonies. The saltbox house is a building that is tall in front and slopes down as the house goes farther back. There is only one story in the back of the house but two stories in the front.

I still go to school, which is unusual, because a lot of boys stop going to school around the age of 13. But since I don't have a job yet and my father doesn't need help in his Grocery store, I'm still in school.

Oh! I almost forgot to tell you what happened after school today! I was just walking home as usual and all of the sudden a wagon wheel rolled across the street! It almost crushed me to pieces! Needless to say, I was pretty frightened and I stopped walking. It kept on rolling down the Lane and then someone came running after it screaming, “Get that wheel!” So I dropped my books and ran after it. I finally caught up to it and dove for it aaaand GOTCHA! I grabbed on to that thing as if I would die if I let go. The man came running down and thanked me and asked if I was alright. I said I had barely bruised myself and I'd be all right. Then he thanked me over and over again and said if he had some money he would pay me for what I did. I told him that wasn't necessary and walked back up to get my books. Now that I think about it, maybe I should be a professional wheel chaser. Nah! Wouldn't be a very high paying job. I wonder why he needed that wheel so badly? I think I'll go find him and ask. I never forget a face you know. Let's go find him.

Let's see I think I've seen him before at the Blacksmith shop, let's go there first. Ah! There he is,

Sir.”

Yes? Hey, are you the one who helped me catch that runaway wheel earlier today?”

Yes sir, that would be me. Say, why did you need that wheel so badly anyway?”

Oh, umm it was umm my umm my grandfathers wheel, yeah! And uhh he made it 65 years ago. Yep that's why.”

Oh okay! I was just wondering why you needed it so badly.”

Yep that would be why! See ya around.”

Bye sir.”

Hmm that guy seemed a little suspicious to me. A mystery! “The Mystery of the Runaway Wheel!”



To be Continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers